Glenmark Construction prides itself on providing a safe working environment for employees at every level. We are certified by the Coalition for Construction Safety, which is a stringent construction safety organization dedicated to safe working conditions. Glenmark is proud to be CCS Certified, as the safety of our workers is a top priority. To achieve this certification, companies must have a low accident and injury rate and follow all the rules when there is a mishap. Glenmark Construction is one of a select few companies that carry the CCS Certification.
We are also certified by major companies, including Eli Lilly, IU Health, Roche, and GE Aviation. This means our practices and procedures for safety are recognized by these large companies for work we’ve done in the past and for the systems we have in place for the future.
Our team is also trained and tested on a number of safety protocols, including:
- Drug testing
- JHA (Job Hazard Awareness) Training
- Scaffold awareness training
- Electrical safety training
- Fall protection/ladder safety training
- Fire protection training
- HAZCOM training – Employees learn to recognize hazardous chemicals in the construction process and how to negate any potential problems they present.
- PPE – Training employees on proper use and wear of all personal protection equipment.
Every two years:
- CPR, First Aid, and Bloodborne Pathogen Training
- 10-hour and 30-hour OSHA certification courses
Every three years:
- Aerial/Scissor Lift training
- Forklift certification
- Powder Actuated Tool training
- Respiratory Fitness test
- New power tool training
- Asbestos detection